Process management (short for Business Process Management, BPM) is the discipline to provide transparency to all the business processes of an enterprise, how things are ‘processed’ by various business functions. To master process management you need to be able to search for processes, see the name and context of each process, and how it fits into the overall business architecture of the company. At the same time, process management is also the ability to picture diagrammatically the sequence of steps within each process.
The practice of Process Management can easily be catalysed by running a program e.g. using Next-Insight to focus on process automation (RPA), modelling, optimisation and strive to support the goals of an enterprise within business operations and compliance. A major driver for Process Management is the governance and learning around a transparent set of processes being managed, supporting a continuous evaluation of existing processes and identification of new ways to improve upon it.
Process management is typically related to an overall ambition to understand what the business does in more detail. Regardless of what stage your business is at, you might experience questions like:
- Are we able to list all of our processes of how we process stuff?
- How much should we standardise our processes to keep local decision power?
- How much data sharing do we have or should we have across our processes across countries?
- How many systems do we need in order to support the same ‘type’ of processes?
- How digitalised and standardised do we want our processes and practices to be?
- Do we have sufficient governance around our processes? Who decides when things should be done differently?
We provide advisory services and solutions built on leading technologies and a new consulting approach where we support you through your entire transformational journey. We are dedicated to help you improve your strategy execution and ensure process management ties into your enterprise architecture function.
Explore our relating services